Sunday, May 12, 2024

Losing everything makes you aware of what to value.


 Losing everything makes you aware of what to value.


https://womenofchristianity.com/treasures-by-martha-snell-nicholson/

“The light that you discover in your life is proportionate to the amount of the darkness you are willing to forthrightly confront.” Jordan Peterson

https://www.fatherly.com/health/how-parents-experience-the-death-of-a-child

When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis



 

Treasures by Martha Snell Nicholson


One by one He took them from me,
All the things I valued most,
Until I was empty-handed;
Every glittering toy was lost.

And I walked earth’s highways, grieving.
In my rags and poverty.
Till I heard His voice inviting,
“Lift your empty hands to Me!”

So I held my hands toward heaven,
And He filled them with a store
Of His own transcendent riches,
Till they could contain no more.

And at last I comprehended
With my stupid mind and dull,
That God COULD not pour His riches
Into hands already full!



No comments :

Post a Comment

#Brave #Knight

#Brave #Knight
A #Brave #Knight I painted

#Brave #Knight #Writers

#Brave #Knight #Writers
A Brave knight I painted